Family Relations

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Parenting...Its Not Always Easy

Hello again everyone!

So this weeks topic is parenting. From what I have seen, it is definitely not easy, but I am here to give encouragement. I believe that there is always a reason behind what children do. In my class we learned 5  NEEDS that children have. They are as follows:

1. contact and belonging
2. power
3. withdrawals (need to have alone time)
4. protection
5. challenges

Children show these needs through many different actions and we need to look behind the action to see the cause. I have definitely seen some of these in my life and they have helped me to better understand what I have done and how I acted as a teenager.

We can't always see why things are happening but I know that they happen for a reason. This is one of my favorite poems when I am feeling sad and discouraged. I hope it can help you too. 

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I let Him choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Oft' times He worketh sorrow;
And I, within my heart
Forget He sees the pattern
While I see only part.
The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He had planned.
Not 'til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why


I hope you all have a great week! Remember that there is always hope! There is a reason why we do the things we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment